Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Vintage Winters Tale

Last October Lauren from Grace & Gable approached me to shoot a behind-the-scenes film of a vintage winter-inspired bridal shoot. She told me that Adam from Rock My Wedding had recommended me, which was a pretty awesome complement to get. From the initial e-mail I was interested and it sounded like it would be fun and a good opportunity to do something a little different without the pressures of a wedding day. After a few conversations with Lauren and Adam from I was sold.

On the day of the shoot it was a bitterly cold morning but the sky was clear and the sun was making an appearance….perfect conditions for a frosty winter styled photo shoot. The location was the not-very-easy-to-find Wyre forest in Shropshire, it was a beautiful backdrop that added that little bit of magic to an already amazing set-up. The photographer for the day was Ann-Kathrin Koch ,she was a joy to work with and captured the day perfectly! In fact everyone I met on the day was lovely and I would love to work with them all again.

I have added a selection of the images Ann captured and at the bottom of the post is a full list of all the people that were involved with the shoot.

If you would like to read the full post from the Rock My Wedding feature click here




Styling and Design Grace & Gable and Invitation Only
Photography Ann-Kathrin Koch
Stationery Mae Mae Paperie
Christmas Tree Favours Thomasin Gautier-Ollerenshaw
Bridal Dresses The Wedding Club
Glitzy Headpiece Cherished Vintage
All other headpieces and Jewellery DC Bouquets
Make-up Jade Crean
Crockery and Cutlery Wedgwood & Arthur Price
Lanterns Lombok
Mistletoe and Tree Bill White’s Nurseries

2 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on this Simon - great to meet you on the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your video!
    Whilst I was slightly sceptical about seeing my own face on screen (and I still cringe at the bloody airguns I felt were completely necessary to make my point) I am so happy we have this as a reminder of the day.
    The music is the champagne-flavoured icing on top. With glitter on it.

    Also I enjoyed working with you a lot, you were so relaxed and completely unobtrusive to have around - would love to work on a wedding with you.

    As I said to Lauren the other day: I wish we could do this every day.

    ReplyDelete