Thursday, January 5, 2012

Music Video Keshia - "Could You Try"

Keshia is an up-and-coming singer/songwriter who approached me last spring about doing a music video for her. The video is for the first release from her album Circles which was released in the summer 2011.


When Keshia first contacted me the album hadn’t been finished, so when we arranged to meet up to hear the new single and discuss the video I was unsure about what to expect. I had only previously seen YouTube videos of some of her live performances. After hearing the track I was really impressed, not only by the great voice and track but also by the maturity of the songwriting (she is only eighteen!).


We had a good talk about the concept of the video, and decided to include some dancing scenes as she is also a talented dancer – as if a good voice, good looks, a talent for songwriting and youth weren’t enough! This was going to be my first time shooting dancing like this and I was really looking forward to the challenge. We shot the video over two days. The vocals were shot in and around Birmingham city centre and the dancing was shot in a local studio. We found some awesome locations on the day in the custard factory and on the streets of Digbeth and after the first day’s shoot I wanted to get home and edit it straight away! I know it’s gone well if I get back and want to start working on it straight away! A few weeks later we shot the dancing scenes, this also went really well and was a pleasure to film! Keshia is a true pro!


After spending a couple of weeks editing it all Keshia was really happy with the results and it has already had over 1,100 hits on her YouTube channel! There is even talk about doing the next video in the summer as well.


Please check out more of Keshia’s music at: http://www.keshiaofficial.com/


I hope you enjoy the video


No comments:

Post a Comment